Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Desire

All this time of silence, of settling into routine with a husband redeployed from Iraq, and tonight one thought came shining through my thoughts. I desire a deep sense of community which has eluded me for ages. That brassy robust thought shown clear as day in the dark quiet of the bedroom, and teased me out of bed; calling me to the computer. To the soundtrack of warbling cat snores I realized this: I am forever a small town girl.

I am the one who thrives on goes to the grocery store for a moment and it taking an hour due to running into five acquaintances. I wants to know the latest on what's happening with so-and-so, and I am most definitely the girl who finds comfort in the small world that all this creates. I thrive by it because I am good at it. I am good with roots and yet I still feel like this season's new spiders; that I am lost in the wind trying to find a sturdy place to make my own.

So I am back to blogging. Hopefully, for more than just a few odd posts. How do you get to a point where you fit in and find a comfortable place amongst your peers? I don't know, but hang on because I'm hell bent on renewing my mission figure it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment