Monday, November 30, 2009

Timber!

Tonight I decorated our Christmas tree. Normally it is a very festive affair, but tonight while I was laying under the tree, cutting that one last branch so I could get the tree skirt on, the whole decorated beast came down on me. A rush of colored lights, Grand Fur needles and the glitter of delicate ornaments surrounded my head. Luckily a friend, who just happened to be visiting for the first time in weeks, quickly pulled the tree off of me.

My hands became riddled with pitch after we found ourselves trying to get the tree righted once more. Unfortunately the tree stand, besides being to weak for this evergreen giant, had stripped screws and would not hold the tree. So now the tree is leaning up against a wall in the living room and after the third vicious scrub my hands still smell of forest.

Tomorrow's to do list? Buy a tree stand.

No comments:

Post a Comment